A Holistic Approach to Helping Veterans
The UWVC coordinates a series of health and wellness programs that provide therapeutic benefits to veterans, including:
- EQUINE THERAPY: Horses help veterans cope with mental issues by increasing feelings of calm and empathy.
- SAILING: Veterans work together to overcome challenges by harnessing the elemental power of the sea.
- ART THERAPY: Enable veterans to safely expressing complex feelings and issues through creative works.
- RUCKING: Military-style marching/hiking with weighted backpacks; provides fitness and mental health benefits.
The mission of the United War Veterans Council is to honor and serve America’s veterans.
We are dedicated to ensuring that the public always embraces its commitment to provide all veterans and their families with the care, recognition and opportunities they have rightfully earned.
We work to achieve this goal by:
- Supporting and promoting a wide range of initiatives that provide vital services to our veterans community (including health & wellness and legacy & education programs).
- Raising positive awareness and increase understanding of the needs of our veterans, military service members and their families through major public events and promotional activities, including the New York City Veterans Day Parade, the largest event of its kind in the nation.
- Uniting veterans groups, community organizations, city, state and federal agencies, local businesses, major corporations and the general public behind efforts to serve veterans of all eras.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.