Help USA Supportive Services
Our services include:
- Case management
- Benefits advocacy
- Housing counseling
- Rental and utilities assistance
- Legal services
- Job training and placement support
- Personal finance planning and guidance
- Financial support for transportation, moving costs, childcare and more.
You are eligible for SSVF if you meet any of these criteria:
- You are a veteran or member of a veteran family. Either you or your head of household is a veteran. Either you or the veteran must have served in the active military, navy, or air force. SSVF is not available to those who served in the National Guard or Reserves. SSVF is not available to those who have a dishonorable or bad conduct discharge.
- You are a veteran and have a low income. Households with income that does not exceed 50% of area median income (as adjusted). To see if your income qualifies, please call 855-HLP-SSVF (855-457-7783)
- You are a veteran currently experiencing homelessness or at imminent risk of losing your housing.
Not a veteran? You may qualify for other HELP USA programs and services.
HELP USA’s Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program has provided veterans throughout New York City with the services they need to secure and maintain permanent housing.
SSVF is a FREE service for veterans who are currently experiencing homelessness or at-risk of becoming homeless.
Since its inception in 2011, HELP USA’s SSVF program has helped 5,200 veterans receive benefits and aid.
HELP USA works to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We provide shelter to meet people’s immediate needs, as well as the support they need to succeed for themselves, their families, and their communities.
We envision a world where safe and stable housing is a starting point for everyone, because housing is the foundation upon which people can build better lives.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.