Friends of Veterans New York
Legal Help for Veterans
- Free Legal Serices for Veterans LegalHealth NYLAG
Higher Education for Veterans
- Information for Veterans returning to school
- Queensborough Community College
- New York City Department of Veterans Services
Help for Homeless Veterans
- If you encounter someone who might be a homeless veteran, stop, ask, and help.
Asking just one more question could change a life. "Have you served in the military?"
Make the call (877) 424-3838 or visit va.gov/homeless
Entrepreneurship Training for Veterans
- Bunker Labs New York, an initiative of the NYU Tandon School of Engineering, presents Veterans Entrepreneurship Training (VET), a pioneering program for veterans who want to start a company. Students admitted into the program will be fully subsidized for all course fees, books, and approved startup expenses.
Download the brochure
Apply online engineering.nyu.edu/VET
Help for Veterans and their families
- Veterans Crisis Line - If you are in crisis and need immediate help, please call 1-800-273-8255 and (PRESS 1) or visit Veterans Crisis Line.
- Visit Explore VA if you have questions. Refer to "FAQs and Info" and "Get Assistance."
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Services provided to veterans at no charge by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans Benefits Administration
- Gateway to VA eBenefits
- GI Bill Education Benefits
- A new interactive resource for veterans
- NYC Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs - Home Loan
- NYC Mayor's Office of Veterans' Affairs - Housing
- What to do when a veteran passes away
- Education and Training
- Spouses, Dependents, and Survivors
Maximize your GI Bill Benefits
Over the years, the editors at Affordable Colleges Online have published numerous guides for veterans and servicemembers interested in higher education. Links to some of our guides appear below
To provide assistance to military veterans including scholarships to assist them with the course of continuing education
To aid, encourage, stimulate, foster, and promote educational development through grants, stipends, scholarships, and financial assistance
To solicit donations from interested individuals, charitable and educational organizations, corporation, agency and other interested institutions
To accept, hold, invest, reinvest and administer any gifts, grants bequests devises, benefits of trusts (but not to act as a trustee of any trust) and property of any sort, without limitation as to amount or value, and to use, disburse or donate the income or principal thereof exclusively for the charitable and educational purpose of the scholarship fund
To help to reduce homelessness amongst our veterans and their families through education and enable them to live the life that they so richly deserve.
Should you have any questions, or an interest to join or support our efforts, please don’t hesitate to contact us! Send email to [email protected]
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.